Monday, June 6, 2011

Speed Breaker


there is a time in life,
for lessons to be learnt
but few we learn
only when we are burnt

I learnt with agony
i learnt with Pain
Ill never never ever
drive fast again

My journey began at dusk
my wife so close,
she could smell my musk

but i was in my own mood,
to reach office in time
I was racing through the curves
as Schumaker in prime

I saw ahead,
a gap between Truck and a car
I had never done this before
but wanted to raise the bar

I sped in between
but missed to see a stone
I realized what i had done
when i heard my wife's groan

i slid the bike
sideways  in mud,
and stopped quite immediately
with nothing but a  thud

I ran towards her
fearing the worse
deep guilty at heart
life felt like a curse

She laid there unconscious
her blood mixed with my tears
I realized now is the time to act
and no time for fears

I tried calling people
But the network decided to sleep
I tried stopping cars
they zipped away just giving me a beep

i begged god
to give me another chance,
just when i sinked
i saw a car stop at a glance.

i pleaded the driver,
and hurried her into the car,
my eyes could see her eyes closing,
my hands covering her scar.


to be continued.....

3 comments:

  1. very nice dude..!! pan evadhi bhayankar kavita kashi kay suchli tula??

    ReplyDelete
  2. inspired from a true story... are mahjya friend chya mom dad cha accident jhala hota. tya var mag mi thode mahje imagination laun lihle

    ReplyDelete